Highly opinionated yet perspicacious reviews of the best in streaming audio, by Steve Smith
Brought to you by Mark Kaye's
Become rich & famous as a guest on radio talk shows

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Welcome to the Internet Radio Buzz

Internet radio is better than ever now, especially with the advent of standalone devices that receive streaming radio -- devices that really work! All you need, generally -- in addition to the radio itself -- is a wi-fi connection.

My Aluratek radio that I received for Christmas is capable of receiving (at current count) about 13,900 stations from all around the world. No matter what my preference in music or format on a given day, I can find a station that matches my tastes perfectly.

Of course, there's a lot of dreck out there -- "dreck" defined very subjectively by me as anything that is overdone and oversaturated in our society already. And by that I mean hip-hop, 90% of modern country, and much of current top-40. So there, I've put my prejudices out on the table.

Aside from those genres, my tastes are wide and eclectic. My purpose in this blog will be to report on some of the more unusual or interesting, or just plain excellent, streams that I have discovered in wandering the Internet radio dial. Keep in mind as you read this blog, that these are all streams that you can find and listen to right on your computer, if you do not have a standalone radio device (I'll be giving the URLs as part of my reviews).

Thanks for visiting me and I hope you will return often.

Steve Smith


1 comment:

  1. I am testing the comment adding feature of this blog. -- Steve

    ReplyDelete