Highly opinionated yet perspicacious reviews of the best in streaming audio, by Steve Smith
Brought to you by Mark Kaye's
Become rich & famous as a guest on radio talk shows

Friday, April 16, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch Changes




As you can see (assuming this is not your first visit) there have been some changes here.

One reason I haven't posted lately is I've been occupied redoing the look of this site. I think I've finally arrived at a layout that I like enough to live with for a while.

That means: More posts are a'coming. I'll be back to reviewing some of my favorite Internet radio streams.

There are scads of radio listings and station directories on the Web. In fact, I plan to add a link roll over on the side there with links to some of the more comprehensive ones.

Here at the Internet Radio Buzz, I am more interested in describing some of the noteworthy streams (both simulcasts of broadcast stations and Internet-only stations) that I come across. This necessarily will not be an attempt at comprehensiveness. My goal is to be much more interesting than that.

There are tens of thousands of radio stations on the Internet. You can find and listen to them on your computer, of course, but now you can also purchase standalone devices that play these streams like a "real" radio set -- all you need is a wireless signal. It is the advent of these devices that is helping drive the explosion in Internet radio popularity.

Speaking of listening to Internet radio, one of the additions I've made to this site is an embedded Shoutcast player. Now you don't have to leave the page to hear any of thousands of radio streams.

Check out the player on the right there (and maybe down a little bit). Its database does not have all the stations that I will be reviewing here, but its selection is still huge. For example, KMRC, the Louisiana swamp pop station that I previously reviewed, is not there. But if you type "swamp pop" in the player's search window, you will find some Internet-only stations that play this genre. If you like what I'm doing here, please
  • Let others know about this blog (share, tweet, digg, etc.).
  • Become a follower.
  • Comment!  I would really like to get some conversations going here with other radio fans.
Thanks,
Steve


No comments:

Post a Comment