Highly opinionated yet perspicacious reviews of the best in streaming audio, by Steve Smith
Brought to you by Mark Kaye's
Become rich & famous as a guest on radio talk shows

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WOVV Update; and the Debut of Sanity Theory



I continue to be impressed with the responsive of the folks at vTuner to user requests for the addition of new audio streams to their database.

I blogged recently about WOVV, the new radio station in Ocracoke, North Carolina -- the village's as well as the island's first ever. Although WOVV will go on the air later this year as a regular broadcast station, for now it exists as an Internet stream. Today I discovered that that stream is now available for me to listen to on my wi-fi Internet radio device, which uses the vTuner database.

When I wrote about WOVV, this was not the case. So, I emailed vTuner via its contact page and requested that the station be added -- and now, there it is. Thanks again, vTuner (they also added WPAQ, the old-timey station in Mt. Airy, following an earlier request). You do customer service right.

Now, a point of blogmaster privilege ...

Can't really relate this to Internet radio, but I want to congratulate my daughter and her friends on the upcoming debut, this Friday, of their band, Sanity Theory.

These young ladies have been practicing hard and I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing them when they perform at an event at their school. They'll be playing a Green Day song this first time out of the gate, but they say they intend to start writing and performing songs of their own as soon as they can. They are even planning the art for their first album already!

Having always been a frustrated rock 'n' roll performer myself, I am excited for them. I wish Sanity Theory all the best this Friday and beyond.

Their blog is at sanity-theory.blogspot.com, and here's their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment